The Snohomish County Construction Careers Partnership was initiated by the Snohomish County Workforce Development Council in late 2004, as a way of convening local business, labor, industry associations, apprenticeship, education, and other partners interested in workforce needs for the construction industry. The goals of the Snohomish County Construction Careers Partnership are to:
- Identify current and future industry-specific employment skills and training needs and
- Create or expand options for job growth and training in the County to meet these needs.
The Partnership's motto is: "Construction...a great career choice!"
The following highlight recent accomplishments:
- Organized and hosted the "Construction Business Opportunities Breakfast Conference - Winter Olympic Games" for over 100 Washington and Oregon construction industry business people,
- Spearheaded the establishment of a Construction Project Management Certificate program offered by Washington State University at the University Center at Everett Station, and
- On-going construction industry promotion campaign through speaking engagements, public TV, and local newspaper articles.
New! The Snohomish WDC has launched an initiative called "Career Trees," which visually represent pathways in the county's high demand industries, including construction.